Warren Smith, LL.B.
firstname.lastname@example.org | | 604-643-1711
Warren is one of the senior-most legal recruiters in Canada, with placements in every major market in Canada, along with the US, UK, Europe, and beyond.
He is a trusted advisor to CEOs, General Counsel, Managing Partners, and many top legal practitioners for his unparalleled insight on issues facing the legal industry today. From law firm mergers to General Counsel placements, office openings to targeted talent acquisitions, Warren and his team have been at the center of some of the most important legal moves in Canada over the past three decades.
Warren has been repeatedly recognized by LawDragon (based on industry experts, peer review, and client interviews) as one of the top 100 global leaders in strategy and consulting to the legal industry, and the only Canadian recruiter ever named to the list. A Top Forty under 40 Winner (in his younger days), Warren was also the first Canadian to serve as the President of the National Association of Legal Search Consultants (NALSC), North America’s largest industry association for legal recruitment. He appears regularly before the courts as a certified expert on lawyer career and compensation matters, and is a frequent speaker, columnist, and author on the Canadian legal industry.
- Called to the Bar of British Columbia, 2004
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), University of British Columbia, 2003
- The Lawyers Daily – Regular Columnist “The Headhunter”
- St. Thomas More Lawyers Guild of British Columbia – Chair
- Red Mass Dinner – Steering Committee
- Traditional Learning Academy – Board Member
- National Association of Legal Search Consultants (NALSC) – Past President & Board Member
- Make-A-Wish Foundation (BC and Yukon Chapter) – former Vice-President and Board Member
- Signal Hill – Past Board Member
- UBC Law Alumni Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Corporate Counsel Association
- Canadian Defence Lawyers
- National Association for Law Placement (NALP)
- National Association of Legal Search Consultants (NALSC)
- South Asian Bar Association
- University of British Columbia
- University of Victoria