Dave Namkung, J.D.
email@example.com | | 236-521-0769
Dave has honed a truly unique ability to deliver results for clients and candidates alike through a combination of his genuine enthusiasm for the craft of lawyer recruitment, immersion in and contribution to the legal community, and leveraging his technical experience from executive search and coaching. Many of Canada’s top firms, organizations, in-house departments, and candidates consider Dave as their primary trusted legal market expert.
In addition to lawyer recruitment, he has years of experience in executive search and has led a range of complex Executive Director/President/C-suite search campaigns for universities, crown corporations, non-profits and public and private corporations.
His multi-disciplinary background was intentionally honed over the past decade to empower his clients to draw from a range of best practices utilized by top organizations and executives, including strategies to streamline searches and enhance Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion outcomes (“EDI”).
Dave was a founding member of the EDI committee of a national executive search firm, led numerous EDI-influenced searches in executive and legal search, and he has been an active leader within the diversity community, especially with the Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers’ BC Chapter.
He was a founding executive member and President of FACL BC, helping to grow the organization from a dozen or so volunteers to one of our sector’s most impactful diversity organizations. He remains a regular speaker and mentor within the FACL family.
In addition to, and overlapping with his work to champion EDI in the workplace, his passions include neurodiversity and inclusion for children and adults with special needs, affordable housing, and access to justice, employment and education. Wherever possible, he aims to combine his work and volunteering to make lasting community impacts.
- Called to the Bar of British Columbia, 2011
- Juris Doctor (J.D.), University of Victoria, 2010
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com), University of Victoria, 2005
- Royal Roads, Graduate Certificate in Executive Coaching, 2017
- Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (BC) – Legacy Member, Former President
- Working Gear, Former Fundraising Chair
- BC Centre for Ability – Member, Gala Committee
- Canucks Autism Network – Member
- Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Corporate Counsel Association
- University of British Columbia
- University of Victoria
- Simon Fraser University, Beedie School of Business